- Energy Services
- Research and Development
- ULCR Patents
- Request a Quote
PRX250 Pipeline Inspection Camera System
Pipeline inspection camera system easily locates water infiltration, leaks and features in your live gas pipelines
ULC Robotics’ new 3rd generation PRX250 Gas Camera system is a unique internal inspection device designed for visual assessment of live gas mains through conventional small pits or low-cost keyholes. The system is suitable for internal inspection of 4 to 12 inch cast iron, steel and PE mains at pressures up to 60 psi. The 3rd generation PRX250 incorporates new features which allow you to capture better images than ever before and that make inspecting your live gas mains even more cost effective and reliable.
The PRX250 Gas Camera System includes the high resolution camera, no-blow launch tube, a motorized reel with 300′ of high quality push rod cable and the control box with a 15″ daylight readable monitor.
- Assessment and evaluation of pipelines
- Inspection of pipeline to locate water infiltration (The PRX250 works when fully submerged)
- Location of broken pipe, joints, taps, branches or other damage
- Valve inspection for proper orientation, setting and type
- Pre- and post-pipeline rehabilitation surveys
Hassle Free Inspections of Your Live, Pressurized Mains
Performing live gas main inspection with the PRX250 inspection camera system keep your infrastructure maintenance costs down by eliminating the need to take your mains out of service. This means utility customers get the continual service and there is no need to coordinate safety checks and relights.
Small Site Footprint
Our camera system can access up to 500′ of pipeline from just one access point, which keeps excavation, permit and engineering costs at a minimum while allowing for a remarkably small site footprint. Furthermore, the PRX250 is launched into your mains through a 1.5″ tapped hole.
Safe, One-Man Operation
The PRX250 Camera System incorporates a motorized power feeder that allows the operator to direct the movement of the camera by utilizing forward and reverse, variable speed control. This enables a single operator to control the camera as it travels though the pipe while at the same time viewing the monitor. By eliminating the need to push the rod by hand, a single operator can perform a live main inspection without a second operator to manually push the camera.
Superior Image Quality
The PRX250 system includes a rugged, high resolution camera with ultra bright LED lighting designed to operate in very low- light conditions. The high resolution camera provides outstanding imaging, sharpness and color reproduction. The camera head includes a self deploying centering device. These features produce bright, sharp images of the inner circumference of the pipe; allowing for truly accurate visual inspections.
- Inspects 4 to 12 inch cast iron, steel and PE mains up to 60 psi
- High resolution color camera and ultra-bright LEDs produce bright, clear imaging in low-light conditions as typically found in cast iron, steel and black PE mains
- The camera can travel up to 250 feet in each direction for a total maximum inspection distance of 500 feet in cast iron and steel mains; up to 800 feet in PE mains
- Monitor displays distance traveled and is daylight readable to increase visibility when used in bright sunlight
- Access through small excavations or low-cost keyholes
- New ultra high quality push rod cable with greater durability and greater travel distance
- Improved centering device for even better imaging in 8 and 12 inch pipe
Ready to put our PRX250 Gas Camera System to work in your pipeline?
Pressure Rating: 60 psi
Access Hole: 1.5-inch diameter tapped hole
No Blow Entry System
- Angular launcher for easy, no blow entry into 4 -12 inch pipe
- Keyhole launcher (available separately) for vertical launching through standard keyholes into 4-12 inch pipe
Construction: Launcher is constructed from stainless steel and aircraft grade aluminum
Description: High resolution color camera with wide-angle lens and integrated self deploying centering device
Camera Head Seal: Water and gas tight (to 60 psi)
Resolution: 400 lines, color
Light Sensitivity: 0.3 lux
15 inch ruggedized daylight readable flat panel monitor
Resolution: 480 lines, color
Accessories: Optional-use sun visor
Power Drive Assembly
Motor: 12-volt variable speed, sealed motor
DC Motor Controller: Current limiting
Performance: Gripping adjustment with variable wheel friction
Construction: Aluminum housing with stainless steel hardware
Description: 300 ft., ultra high quality push rod cable on heavy-duty reel. 1000 pulse digital footage counter. Foot pedal control for safe, easy one man cable pull back operation
Covered under Patent No.